Banana Oatmeal Scramble
Once a week or so I break down and enjoy some good old fashioned grain-based carbohydrates lol. Ashley at Edible Perspective provided the inspiration for this recipe.
- 1 Banana, ripe
- 1 Tbsp Organic Raw Almond Butter
- 3 Tbsp Organic Rolled Oats
- 2 Tbsp Organic Milk alternative (Soy, Almond
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Dash of raw honey
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp slivered almonds
- 1 tsp organic butter for greasing the skillet
- Mix all ingredients except butter together in a bowl, using a fork to mash the banana. Should look like lumpy pancake mixture.
- Melt butter in pan over medium heat, medium-low if using high quality stainless steel cookware. Pour batter in, spreading out to roughly 1/3 inch thick.
- Cook for ~3 minutes, looking for nice brown bottom but not burnt. Flip, and cook for another 3 minutes.
Once you have this, you will never go back to regular boring water/milk based oatmeal. You can use any fruit or nut combination you like. It will all be delicious.